1st Grade Animal Project
We are studying animals in Science class. For this assignment, each student will complete an outside project focusing on any animal they choose. Here are the steps each student should take to complete his/her project
- Choose an animal you are interested in. This animal can be a mammal, bird, fish, amphibian, reptile, or insect.
- Brainstorm what you already know about the animal you choose.
- Do some research to learn more about your animal by looking in books, on the internet, etc.
- Answer the questions listed below about your animal.
- Gather several pictures of the animal. They can be hand drawn, cut out of magazines, or printed from the computer.
- Organize the information you have gathered and paste on a poster board, or organize it in a project folder.
Please answer the following questions about your animal:
- What is your animal?
- Where does your animal live?
- How does your animal move (run, swim, fly, etc.)?
- What kind of appendages (legs, arms, fins, wings, etc.) does your animal have?
- What kind of body covering (fur, scales, skin, etc.) does your animal have?
- Is your animal wild or tame?
- What does your animal need to live?
- What does your animal eat?
- What is something new you learned about your animal?
- Why did you choose this animal?
This project is due Wednesday, February 24, 2016. Please help your child as he/she works to complete this project, but the majority of the work should be done by the student. Students will be presenting their projects to the class, and they should be able to read/present the project with little help. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding the requirements for this project.